It is soooo cold in Amsterdam so risotto is perfect for the weather. Also Pumpkins seem to be in season - they are everywhere!
Hope you enjoy this one!
Small pumpkin1 Onion
1 Cube Vegetable Stock
- Dice the pumpkin into cubes. Dice the onion. Slice in thin slices half of the sage.
- For your broth: Boil about 750ml of water and then add in the vegetable stock.
- Heat up one table spoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the onion. After 2-3minutes add in the rice and fry for one minute - stir.
- Then add in one spoon of the broth to the pan
- Add in the pumpkin & sage
- Continue adding in a spoon of broth until broth is done
- Grate the cheese and use 1/5 of the cabbage and cut it into thin slices
- Add the cabbage & grated cheese to the risotto
- Time to caramelise the walnuts. In a pan add either 1-2 teaspoons of sugar or honey with the walnuts & add a pinch of salt
- Then serve the risotto with the caramelised walnuts & rest of the sage