I love granola so much! My favourite is granola with blue berry soy yoghurt. Yum!
Here is one of my favourite recipes - besides being tasty it also super easy to prepare - win!
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cook or steel cut)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 heaping cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 heaping cup sliced raw almonds
- 6 Tablespoons raw brown sesame seeds , or substitute flax seeds
For the Syrup:
- 6 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1. Mix the ingredients together
Mix dry ingredients. Add all of the dry ingredients to a bowl: whole grain oats, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, raw sesame seeds and raw unsweetened coconut flakes.
2. Make the syrup.
Combine the butter, sugar, honey, salt, and vanilla in a saucepan. Cook the mixture until it boil, then remove it from the heat and stir in the baking soda.
3. Pour syrup over granola mixture.
Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and toss everything to evenly coat it.
Pour the mixture out onto a parchment lined or greased baking sheet and bake it for about 18-20 minutes, tossing once during baking.
5. Serve or store.
Allow the granola to cool completely in the pan to allow it to harden up and create those clusters of granola that we all love.